Thursday, January 22, 2009

Awesome things I overheard on campus

I have a dirty little hobby. I like to walk behind people, maybe a little too closely, on my way to class and listen to what they have to say. I know, I know, I’m terrible, but hey, if you’re going to say something on a campus full of people, you should know a stranger is gonna hear it.

Today, I was walking behind a girl who was on the phone. (To my defense, she was talking just a little too loudly, anyway.) She was tall, shapely, dark hair, walked with confidence. What caught my attention was her laugh. It was crystal clear. And then she said,

“Yeah, I had fun last night. I love that thing you did with my boobs…….yep. That. It was too cool.”

Seriously? You’re gonna talk about that here? Yikes. I don’t know if the conversation was real or staged, but either way, she wants the world to know about her boobs.

The LikeLikeLike Girl cracked me up. I was behind her and some guy last week. Every single sentence had at least three ‘likes’ in it.

“Like Jamie and I were like going to the HPER building to like work out, and like, oh my gosh, we saw this girl in the ugliest shorts. They were like blue and like…..shiny….”

Even the guy she was walking with seemed to have a hard time focusing on what she was saying. I saw him smirk, and I even think I saw him ticking off ‘likes’ on his fingers. A glance at me and he and I shared, like, a moment of, like, understanding.

And my personal favorite:

“Oh my GOD, I f#cking love Institute!!!”

True story.

She had just walked out of the Institute building as I was walking by. She and her friend were giddy, talking fast, walking slow and just as I got within earshot, she proclaims her f#cking love of Institute. Too funny.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy I secretly or maybe not so secretly share your hobby. I love to people watch and listen in on not so private conversations.

    ReplyDelete