There is not one single morning that arrives in my life when I don’t thank the Lord that I woke up an American. And I know that seems cheesy, and you probably think, ‘Yeah, sure, not one SINGLE morning, right.’ It’s true, though.
I wake up to the sun or the snow or the rain outside my window and just smile. The window that holds so much possibility for me. So much waiting for me out there, every morning. Just blows me away that today; today, I can do what I want, when I want to, any way I want to do it. It’s all up to me. Sometimes, it’s simply overwhelming.
Freedom.
My freedom.
Even as I sit and write this, I can’t believe what a lucky girl I am. To live in a country where so many people have given so much for a silly putz like me.
So, this Memorial Day, I thank all of you, at least the ones that I can, which have made my freedom possible. I owe every ounce of my life I have to you. And know, that even as I choose to do whatever I want today, I’m carrying you in my heart, thanking you with every decision I make in my own pursuit of happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment