Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dating Rant Number Two.

I’ve walked away from online dating.

‘What!?” you gasp. “How could you do such a thing! It was so much fun.”

 No, it wasn’t.

 As you read from my last dating rant, I went into this thing with a fairly open mind. I told several of my friends my game plan, my mother and I had a discussion about it (yep, she read that blog post. She’ll eventually read this one too. Hi, Mom!), I really gave it a good effort.

 Then, last weekend a friend of mine brought it up and I realized I had been on the site for a year. A YEAR. I put up with that thing longer than I stuck to my Writing Every Day blog. Ugh. This single fact broke my heart. A year. Three hundred and sixty-five days of reading stupid profiles and emails from complete losers. My standards may be too high. I use MAY with a lot of leeway in there.

 Just as I was getting ready to hit the ‘Delete Account’ button I thought, you know, girl, you’ve put up with a year’s worth of humiliation on this thing. You may as well stay a member for one more day and get some good blog fodder.

 So that’s what I did! I found so many guys on there whose profiles just blew my mind. I found a guy (sadly, I couldn’t find him again to snag a screenshot) who had one of those awesome 70s-era portraits of him and his cat. Remember the trend in pictures to have a portrait taken, and then someone imposed a ghost-like  second portrait hovering over the shoulder? This guy had a portrait of him, sitting there, smiling like a geek, and his cat watching over his shoulder, looking down with awe and amazement. I’m not even kidding.

 So, as a final goodbye to online dating, I’ve compiled the best images I found in my digital journey. Keep in mind that each member has full control of what images they upload, and the headline geared to reel in the fish. Enjoy.

(Just a note...these pics are from a public website, so I don't have guilt for posting them on another one.)
Are you? Are you so awesome that it's the first thing you have to tell me?


I think you're looking for someone on the 'wrong team'....


"...because THIS guy left me."


"Because I've been lied to twice before."


"...who can post a pikture."


No response needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment