Monday, January 2, 2012

2011

So, I usually write a rant at the end of the year going off about how I’m going to change and how things never go as I expect. This year, I think I’m going to spew out optimism instead.

The optimism comes because a woman I work with, who is usually overly cheerful, super social, and always extremely happy said something out of character the other day. As she wished me a happy new year, she said something to the effect that the next year simply must be better than the last, that it was the worst year ever and she just couldn’t do it again. Hmm. Strange. She always seemed so….content.

She walked out of the office and her works stuck. I’ve had my share of pretty average years. I have yet to have a year that I wouldn’t want to repeat, though. And, in all honesty, 2011 kicked some major ass in my little world. I have a list of awesome things that occurred last year that still blow my mind a little when I think about them. My big worry with 2012 is that it will be a disappointment after the year I just had. I can’t imagine so many cool things happening again. Like the house. I bought a HOUSE. I’ve lived there three months and it is still a surprise how cool I think it is. I look at projects I want to do and I just get excited. This is MY house.

And the Jeep! My new(ish) Jeep, Rufous. Oh, I love that thing. He’s amazing. I can’t not grin when I think about my Jeep.

Same thing happens when I think about hockey. I can’t NOT smile. And if you ask me one question about hockey, I’ll talk and talk and talk until you just walk away. And then I may follow you and talk about it some more.

I seriously could not ask for more out of a single year of my life. And after the last rant I posted, who knew I could be so content. I’m still not dating anyone (when I even think about going out with a person, I get a mild case of heartburn. No, thanks), but I like that, too. Freedom!

So here’s to another year. I have my fingers crossed and a cheesy grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment